Sunday 21 August 2011

Mr. Boring.

14-08-2011

We got home from our camping holiday this afternoon.

I was busy getting my computer all set up and back to working order. Jack, who'd been re-familiarizing himself with his cartoon shows said.

I want to help you.

You can't really hun, I'm just getting some things set up on my computer.

But I wanna help you make something. During our camping trip I created a number of bedtime stories that I've been working on lately. He's apparently hoping that he can get in on the production.

I'm not working on that sort of thing now, I'm just setting things up.

Can we make something when you're done?

Tell you what, we'll make some time later when you and I can write a story together OK?

Good because I want to do something boring with you.
I genuinely didn't know what to say.

You want to do something boring with me?

Yeah, I'm in the mood for something boring.

In the end I agreed to making some time for Jack and I to be bored together. It's nice to know that my four year old son things that the subject in which I'm investing years of my life and thousands of pounds is boring and at the same time it's touching that he wants to be a part of it anyway.

I'm not even thirty and I'm already the boring parent. Wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment